Monday, April 25, 2011

Chapter 4 Part 2






"Boss she slipped past us. He snatched her away before we could even pursue the piece of scum." A man spoke as he entered the boss's chambers. He stood behind a couch in front of a blazing fireplace. His cigarette was clench tightly between his fingers as he received the news that his planned had failed. 
"You have disappointed me Malikah. I give you simple instructions and you can't seem to follow them."
"But boss there was a group of homeless men who ruined everything; I couldn't blow the plan and go after her and then not to mention the witnesses--"
The man shook his head and took a wisp of his cigarette. 
"Excuses are the reason we are in this shit Malikah." He turned on his heels and eyed the guards standing by the entrance of the room. They slowly hovered behind Malikah as one placed his rough hand on his shoulder. 
"I expected better from you nephew." The smooth white smoke brushed pass his lips. "Your father is probably turning over in his own grave as we speak."
"I will live my life without the sole justice of making him suffer just as much as I did these past nineteen. You must start from the inside and work your way out. Picking away each piece of happiness he dares to even consider." The boss turned back to face the fireplace.
"Too bad you won't live long enough to understand that. I expected better, and you have disappointed me. Now you must face your consequences." He flipped his hand in the air as the screams and cries the thundered off of Malikah's tongue began. They only lasted about a few minutes before a single gunshot put them to rest. The boss sighed and looked at the picture frame on the shelf above the fireplace. "If you want things done you have to do them yourself. It such a shame, Paulina." His fingers danced over the old photograph.
"It really is, but necessary actions must be taken to get the point across, brother." The blonde haired woman spoke as she rose from the warm couch. Her voluptuous body hugged her staples black dress as she rested her hand on back.
"We will avenge Karina's death, brother. All will fall into place and we will take back what is faithfully ours. That is a promise. Jonathan Gustavo will forever regret the day he stole from us." The blonde's words could have cut a piece of steel in two. 
The boss sighed. "You have always been one loyal sister Paulina." He embraced her and kissed her forehead. 
Over his shoulder he could hear someone's feet approaching. "It's been taken care of sir." 
He semi-released Paulina and faced the guard. "Good. Now, find her."

*****************************************************************
"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The voice above me nearly caused me to go into cardiac arrest. My head snapped out of the magazine I was reading to face the person who had approached me. "What are the chances?" I nearly whispered from utter disbelief. 
His soft warm laugh still gave me chills after all these years. I rose to my feet in order to get a slightly better look at him. I watched as his eyes looked me up and down. They nearly bulged out of his head when he finally made it back to my face.
"Well don't just stand there gawking Brad. Get over here and hug me!" I said. His long legs stretched toward me and his arms invited me in. I stepped closer and fell into his temperate chest. My heart started to ache with memories. Some good and several left me breathless from the overbearing pain they carried. In three simple months, Brad and I had been through a life time.
Everyone has their first love at some point in their life. Majority of the time, we all see and know when it's coming even if we try to deny it but we know it's the elephant in the room. As for me, it hit me harder than a no man freight train without brakes. Brad was always the friend I looked forward to seeing every summer when I came here. He lived just down the street and that was basically our second home. He and his twin brother Brandon were the quintessence of our summer. Usually when Brad and I wondered off together Jamie and Brandon were off on the board walk somewhere. 
"Tanner, it"s so good to see you again! How long has it been? Five years since summer of o'five?"? He says as he releases me from a lengthy embrace.
"It seems longer doesn't it?" I sat back down on the porch and patted the spot next to me. He accepted.
"So what has been up superstar?" I laughed at the silly nickname that Brandon called me on a regular basis. He claims it's from my talent to whip up mouth-watering dishes at whim. There has been a many of times where he begged to be the producer of my cooking show. I looked up to see Brad's carbon copy stroll up in front of us. There was no chance at denying them as brothers. Brad was slightly skinner than his brother but it wasn't much of a difference. They both were going pro when it came to sports. They were known around Wildwood mainly for their amazing potential in hockey.
"Hello to you to Brandon." I say, standing up to give him a brotherly hug. He moved over so he could lean on the nearby rail. His face squirmed into a suspicious face as he studied me and Brad's closeness.
"So how long you staying for Meg?" Brad's attempt at breaking Brandon's concentration seemed to work.
"Permanently." It felt so good to say that. I could feel Brad's body jump next to me around the same time Brandon's eyes fell out of his face. 
"Seriously?" They say synchronized.
"Yep. It's--a long story."
"Well we have plenty of time now that our neighbor is back." He wrapped his sturdy arm around my shoulders. His smile alone made my heart skip.
"What about Jamie? How is she doing?" Brandon asked abruptly. 
"Upstairs knocked out cold. She's staying too." I could seen the immense joy exploding in his eyes.
He tried his best to hold it back. "Cool." 
Brad and I burst into laughter.
We talked till the sun went down, and continued on. Haft way though, Jamie came out and joined us. From that point on, Brandon and Jamie continuously threw evil and puppy dog eyes at one another. Those two defiantly were getting married in the near future. 
Eventually, they wandered off down the beach leaving Brad and I still laughing about old time. It was like I had never stepped foot out of Wildwood.
"Okay this has literally been killing me all night." Brad said after a settling down from wild laughter. What's been up the whole going M.I.A. for five years Meg?"
I sighed. "Well I saw this coming." I stood up and turned to face him. "Come walk with me."
The midnight waves crashed onto the shore wearing away at the sand. A cool breeze ran though my hair and down my neck and the full moon lit up the sky. The atmosphere couldn't be more perfect.
"So where are Kyle and Brenda?" He started off.
"Well to be honest. I have no idea." I could tell this threw him off completely, but he didn't interrupt and waited patiently for me to continue.
"Things are really bad Brad. I don't know how I made it through all this." I was on the verge of tears as I began to visit my horrid past. "Kyle lost everything. His job. Our house. Every single ounce of income was eliminated by his selfish gambling addiction. 
"Brenda couldn't carry the weight of our family on her payless daycare job. We were so far in debt that bankruptcy was the only thing keeping me and Jamie from going back to foster care and Kyle out of jail. I think that's around the time Kyle lost his mind." I paused. I slow melted onto the sand, only focusing on the moving ocean. Nothing could compare to the pain I was enduring right now. The tears streamed down my eyes as Brad wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me closer to his body
"H-he r-ra-raped me-e Brad. He forced me and Jamie onto the streets as prostitutes." I whispered. Brad's chest tightened up, and he embraced me closer to him. We lay back onto the sand as I sobbed onto his shirt. 
"Shhh, its okay Meg. You're safe now." He mumbled. I whipped the corners of my eyes and looked up at him. He was so perfect. Not all guys would be laying here with me listening to every nasty memory, and feeling the anger I felt when it occurred. He wasn't all guys. That's why I fell so hard for him. 
 
There was a slight pause in conversation.
"Meg?"
"Yeah Brad?"
He hesitated before he spoke. "I still love you. More than anything this world has to offer. Hell, more than breathing. I haven't been on a single date since you left. I was too scared to love again because I thought it would eliminate the memories and overlay the ones I spent with you. Those are just too precious to forget." I couldn't stop the unexpected grin from spreading across my face. "It has been a long five years Meg." He shook his head. "You put me through hell and you were hundreds of miles away."
"I'm know to have that effect on people." I say rolling over on my side to get a better look at his face. "And by the way. I still love you too."
His smile lit up the sky. Talking came to slow halt as me melted into each other's eyes. His hazel eyes stared deep into my soul healing each cut and wound one by one. My heart slowed and started up repeatedly as my head leaned toward his. My mouth parted and drew in the sweet smell of his skin. His head met mine half way, but came to an unexpected stop. Our lips were barely touching.
"You can never leave me again after this. Promise me. I don't think I can survive another five years without seeing your flawless face. If you're going to leave then I can't kiss you." He said as his palm stroked my cheek.
"I will never leave you again. That is a promise Brad." I opened my eyes to make sure he understood me. This was a promise I knew I could keep no matter what happened.
"Cool." was the only thing he could manage to get out before our lips touched fiercely for the first time in what seem like an eternity. 

3 comments:

  1. Well, a love waiting for her, and the new guy is forgotten! I bet he hasn't forgotten her, though!

    That was very sweet, and I'm happy that she has someone she can tell the truth about her past to and have him accept her, but...

    WHO are those mobsters that want her??? WHY???

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! Love the shots in the first sequence, absolutely gorgeous. I'm with Jill I have to know what's up with the mobsters, what do they want with her.

    And damn, I really thought something would happen between her and Keithe, obviously not since she's just found her childhood sweetheart. Interesting twist, I can't wait for the rest to unravel.

    Brad is so adorable and cute too. *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok this story is really old but I love it I only want to know why it wasn't continued....

    ReplyDelete